Monday, February 11, 2008

A Trip To The Dentist

Saturday night turned out to be a lovely success. Alex scored another guest bar gig at a place in Times Square and told them he wanted to work with me so I was all in. Lots of people showed up to see me, so that was a lot of fun. Remember Jay from last weekend? He was in his board exam from 8am to 5pm but still made it out to the bar. He is seriously hot. When I met him he was shy about the approach, but then once he warmed up, he was funny and nice and…sexy. He was chatting it up with Ellie and the guy she invited so it was good that I wasn’t having to babysit or feel bad that I wasn’t paying a ton of attention to him. Brownie points. I only worked until 11pm and Ellie was pretty drunk already so she wanted to hit up the mother ship, Off The Mutherfuckin Wagon. We took the two boys along. It was a little odd to already have a boy when I got there…Of course the bartender who I told to stop serving me when I started making out with people (let’s just call him Charlie even though I don’t know his name) was there and looked SO excited to see me. I wonder why. OH, he was pumped to make fun of my trashy make out habits. It was so funny. Then he told another one of the bartenders. Not only do they know Dixie, but they know Dixie make-out-a-lot. That would be embarrassing if I cared. As long as I was standing anywhere near the bar, it was coming at me. Maybe that will encourage me to stop…?

So I got to talk to Jay a lot while we were out. He’s 28, grew up in a small town in Wisconsin, and is actually a dentist. He went back to NYU to study oral surgery and he’ll be moving to Houston in June. I totally thought was maybe 24 or 25. Of course I made him guess how old I am when I found out he was 28. He guessed me 4-5 years too old, the oldest I have ever been guessed for. I really hope it was because he thinks I’m mature and not old looking. Our conversation was a little difficult because he’s SO much taller than me (HOT) and I was wearing flats from bartending. It was a cute awkwardness..I think. I had to slightly fill him in on the making out thing. I obviously couldn’t lie about it. He asked if it was recent so I very much lied about that. I thought it would not be good to say, “Oh yes, two nights after I met you I made out with a guy from Texas and then on Thursday night I made out with a British man named Stewart.” No. At some point Ellie and her boy toy ran off to avoid someone she didn’t want see, but I thought they had actually left the bar. Jay and I left, uh, sometime and I get a call from Ellie when we were down the street in the cab. Luckily we hadn’t gotten very far because I forgot that I had her keys in my purse. Jay told the driver to pull over and he ran down to the bar and gave them to her. Sweetheart. Oh and when we were leaving the bar he said he wasn’t gonna try to make out with me, but asked if he could hold my hand. Adorable, no? We headed to his place, which turns out to be walking distance from mine. He put on some comedy DVD but my ass passed out on the couch like, 10 minutes into it. That is, until we started making out. Being on the couch got old, so we headed for bed. We were both so exhausted, but we messed around for a while and eventually had sex. I’m confident we can both do better that that though. I’m going to blame it on him being awake for 24 hours and both of us being drunk. Let me tell you though, I thought this guy was shy. Not so much once he gets you in bed.

Sunday we slept (way) in and then basically lounged all day. We literally watched TV, talked, and ate until 7pm, when I decided I should finally get home. (I've never done a walk of shame that late.) Everything was nice though. He walked me down a little ways and kissed me goodbye. He’s supposed to call me this week. I really hope he does. I think I might actually like this one.

Uh oh.

No comments: